I love Minecraft, and how blocky everything is. I absolutely adore it, as it reminds me of my childhood, and how everything was 8-bit. The problem, however, lies within the fact that even the 8-bit characters had facial expressions, and somewhat fluid movements for their time. Meanwhile, we have Minecraft, a technologically superior game, completely with fluid motion and nice looking textures. It’s basically a complete upgrade from those 8-bit games, yet the the player model remains constant, no matter what. Sure, you can sneak, but all that does is bend your character to an angle, and nothing more. What we need is something that completely overhauls the player model- a mod that adds several new types of animations. This is where the Animated Players Mod comes into play.
After you install the Animated Players Mod, you should be pretty much set, as this mod doesn’t have much configuration you can do, other than maybe changing the textures, which can easily be done by changing your default Minecraft character skin accordingly.
Animated Player Mod Main Features
The Animated Player mod is a mod that completely overhauls the default Minecraft player animations with animations that are much more fluid, and more fitting to the game. Here’s a list showcasing the main features of the mod:
- Running Animation
- Swimming Animation
- Walking Animation
- Sneaking Animation
- Bow-aiming Animation
- Riding Animation
- Blocking Animation
- Added Facial Expressions
Animated Player Mod Pros and Cons
As stated above, this mod doesn’t really have much of a con, but if you want to get really picky with it, this mod does come with a couple of flaws. One flaw would be that the mod doesn’t give your player any knees. It’s basically two logs splitting in half. In the end, however, this is Minecraft after all, and the game is supposed to be blocky. Other than that, there’s not much to complain about when it comes to this mod really.
How to Install Animated Player Mod
Required API (You must have these to able to proceed)Forge API Mod
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
- Download all required API above (if any)
- Go to Start Menu, type in "%appdata%" (without qoutes) and search for .minecraft folder
- Navigate into the folder and find "minecraft.jar"
- Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR (recommend) or others
- Delete "META-INF" folder (preventing blackscreen)
- Place all .class files from Required API into minecraft.jar file
- Run Minecraft once to prompt the Mods folder to be created and close
- Navigate to the mods folder and copy the Timber Mod zip into it
- Run minecraft and enjoy!
Animated Player Mod ChangelogsV1.0.2:
- fixed eyebrow bug
- fixed cape rendering backwards bug
- fixes server bugs
- changed face texture format
- fixes cape bugs
- fixed arrow shooting animations
- other minor bug fixes
|Minecraft Version||Downloads Count||Mirror|