I always hated how the mobs spawned after 1.8.1. They all seemed so rare now, and on top of that, only a certain amount of mobs spawn on chunks now. This means that if you slay all the mobs on a chunk, mobs will not spawn on that chunk any more. This vastly makes the game harder, and more annoying in the end. Thanks to the custom mob spawner mod, however, you no longer have to deal with this dilemma, as this mod brings back the old spawning mechanics.
How to Use the Custom Mob Spawner Mod
This mod isn’t really a mod- it’s an API. This means that this mod isn’t really useful for normal Minecraft users, meaning that a normal Minecrafter won’t really have much use with it, other than just installing it. For modders, however, you could use this API by using “myCustomSpawner” hooks, and then redirecting said hooks to your own java files. I’m not much of a Java expert, so perhaps you’ll have better luck than me. If you want to look into this further, just download the mod, and open the CustomSpawner file.
Main Features of the Custom Mob Spawner Mod
The custom mob spawner mod is actually an API for other mods that add mobs into the game, so don’t really expect any features that augment the game too drastically. Albeit, this mod still has some features. Here they are:
- Custom Spawning Parameters
- Change spawn frequency
- Change despawn time of mobs
- Change mob limits
- Change which mobs spawn in which biomes
- Custom mob support
- Supports mods such as the Mo’ Creatures mod; basically any mod that adds a ton of new mobs into the game.
- Support for Humans+
Custom Mob Spawner Mod Pros and Cons
- Supports mobs from other mods
- Mob spawning now similar to what was of Minecraft Beta 1.8.1
- No GUI
- Mobs might despawn if you don’t configure them correctly
How to Install Custom Mob Spawner Mod
Required API (You must have these to able to proceed)Forge API Mod
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
- Download all required API above (if any)
- Go to Start Menu, type in "%appdata%" (without qoutes) and search for .minecraft folder
- Navigate into the folder and find "minecraft.jar"
- Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR (recommend) or others
- Delete "META-INF" folder (preventing blackscreen)
- Place all .class files from Required API into minecraft.jar file
- Run Minecraft once to prompt the Mods folder to be created and close
- Navigate to the mods folder and copy the Timber Mod zip into it
- Run minecraft and enjoy!
Custom Mob Spawner Mod ChangelogsVersion 1.12.6:
- Updated to most recent version of minecraft
|Minecraft Version||Downloads Count||Mirror|