Minecraft appeals to players of all kinds, including those who don’t have the best computers. Sometimes you just need that tiny extra performance boost to get the best playable experience out of the game. Optifine does the trick! Optifine gives the user complete control over every graphical aspect of Minecraft. Users can max out settings to create the best looking Minecraft they’ve ever seen, or turn things down a bit to get the best performance, even on older computers.
Optifine integrates itself right into Minecraft’s “Video Settings” menus, so it’s very easy to change settings and find what works best for you.
Optifine Mod Main Features
Optifine comes with a huge variety of features to give you the best graphical Minecraft experience possible. Some of these main features include:
- FPS Boost
- HD Texture Support
- Variable Render Distance
- Better Advanced OpenGL
- Smooth Lighting Configuration
- Antistropic Filtering
- Mipmap control
- Clear Water
- Better Grass, Snow, Textures
- Random mob textures (from texture packs)
- Unlimited configuration options
Optifine Mod Pros and Cons
Optifine for Minecraft 1.5.1 is a mod that does wonders for the player’s Minecraft experience. Pros of using the mod include being able to make the game run 100x better, being able to make it look much better with options such as antialiasing and support for HD textures, and in-game texture pack switching.
Cons of the mod include no ability for (which isn’t realistic to expect of a Minecraft mod, anyway) auto-detecting of settings or presets for settings to make the game run its best on your hardware. The options can also appear overwhelming to a new user until they’ve played around with them some.
How to Install Optifine Mod
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
- Download all required API above (if any)
- Go to Start Menu, type in "%appdata%" (without qoutes) and search for .minecraft folder
- Navigate into the folder and find "minecraft.jar"
- Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR (recommend) or others
- Delete "META-INF" folder (preventing blackscreen)
- Place all .class files from Required API into minecraft.jar file
- Run Minecraft once to prompt the Mods folder to be created and close
- Navigate to the mods folder and copy the Timber Mod zip into it
- Run minecraft and enjoy!
Optifine Mod Changelogs1.5.1_HD_U_D! (25 April 2013) Added:
- CTM Multipass to connect bookshelves, added rail CTM, added Potion Particle options, fixed a bug where Weather options would disable lightings, fixed custom texture loading with Forge, reduced memory use, update texture and animation options to reload affected textures only, updated to support Forge #673.
|Minecraft Version||Downloads Count||Mirror|